lundi 24 août 2015

Croissants or treasures?



Yesterday was one of my favourite brocantes of the year and I always look forward to it. I always find wonderful treasures there and the patisserie has the most divine croissant amande...what`s not to like?

The alarm rang out at 5.30 a.m and so did the rain lashing against the windows. Heavy persistant rain and I knew that no one could have possibly unpacked.

I re-set the alarm for 6 a.m  and went back to sleep. Just before 6 a.m there was a huge crack of thunder, lightening lit up the sky and we lost all power. The rain lashed harder so in a huge sulk I rolled over and went back to sleep.

It looked like it was going to be a day pottering around the chateau catching up with chores. At 10 a.m the rain was a little lighter so we decided to drive to the brocante town and if nothing was happening we would have a coffee and croissant and sulk a little more!

We arrived to find it in full flow with everyone just unpacking. Those brocanteurs are made of tougher stuff than me!

So..off I went  into full truffling mode and the first thing I found was a pair of 1920s needlepoint shoes swiftly followed by chateau lace, tiny frames,frothy paged books,1920s shop display hangers with gorgeous lithographed faces,an old school globe on a cast iron base, a sweet sampler,two 1920s Chinese silk dresses and so the list went on.

 Who needs a croissant and coffee?!!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire