samedi 28 décembre 2013

Itchy fingers and a secret.....



                                       



                          “If you want to keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself.”
                                                               ―
George Orwell, 1984



The Christmas break has been wonderful! The company of good friends, too much food  of course - and still New Years Eve to look forward to.

But today my itchy fingers have started and I am thinking about all of those boxes of house clearance linens, lace and costume that I bundled through the door just before the Christmas festivities began. I didn`t get the chance to look inside some of the boxes. I knew that if I took even one peek I would be away and nothing would get done!

Now my mind has started imagining all kinds of things and I am now itching to get them all out and see exactly what there is. I know I saw some divine lace cuffs, some 1930s pink silk chemises and a box of pale pink wedding head dress silk buds.

We had our final aperitifs with a few old friends here today, a relaxing few hours hours by the roaring log fire with Sir Digbert being fed far too many titbits as he did the rounds with his appealing face on!

Apparently lashing rain and gales are forecast to return tomorrow so I cannot think of a better way to hide indoors than to get into those treasures.

A demain mes belles

xxxxx

4 commentaires:

  1. Get a grip Shirley... ha ha ...bring on your second Christmas...not only the pleasure of looking at your gorgeous discoveries, but the excitement of the selling them too. Christmas every day I think xxxx
    Hugs Lynn xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Lynn....I have just unpacked some19th century fine tulle with tiny sequins.....I am thinking of your fairies!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I've just seen your glittering discoveries... I was right Christmas is happening at the Chateau all over again...they look divine, my Fairies will make my life totally miserable unless I get some of that magical sparkle for them xxxxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. YoBit enables you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as many as coins you want from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and continue claiming.

    You can click on CLAIM as much as 50 times per one captcha.

    The coins will stored in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or USD.

    RépondreSupprimer