dimanche 10 octobre 2010

Divine textile treasures at 5 a.m.....................

This is why I am so eager to drag myself from my slumber at 4am on brocante mornings..........................

I have returned home with the most delicous batch of vintage textiles and trims along with a box of the most adorable old velvet corsage flowers.......................

......lace collars......................old advertising boxes from mercerie haberdashery stores...............
....soft rose pink lingerie lace.......a batch of black Alencon lace samples still attached to their original tissue...................
.....an amazing bolt of soft straw coloured 19th century linen and hemp chanvre.....homespun and handloomed and totally tactile. There are diamante buckles, batches of buttons,ribbons, tickings and gold wire thread passementerie trims.

I shall be listing some of it in my auctions this week and squirelling some away for VINTAGE AT THE VILLAGE HALL in November. ( See the link above right).
So.................early....birds and worms comes to mind......
a la prochaine..................

2 commentaires: