mardi 11 février 2014

Coming up roses.....



At the chateau sale at the weekend I took a chance on a box of the dirtiest curtains and tie backs you have ever seen.

Dating from the 1880s I simply could not leave them behind. As I carried them from the chapel someone looked at me with utter pity!



I put them in a bucket of stain remover and the water was instantly black but hours later when I pulled them out I was over the moon.



They are even better than I ever thought they could be. Although it was lashing rain and quite dark today I managed to photograph them in my boudoir against the wardrobes we have made up of old window shutters.



I shall be listing them later in the week but tonight I have listed a couple of morceaux that were also in the box that would be wonderful for projects.

A la prochaine mes belles
xxx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire