dimanche 19 décembre 2010

Dreams of orange blossom.............

We are snowed in yet again and its freezing cold. But with old Hercule the wood burning cuisiniere on full blast its quite cosy tucked away inside. I start my Ebay listings tonight so have been photographing my latest finds.
The waxed orange blossoms in this 19th century wedding tiara instantly made me think of summer................
I found it a few weeks ago tucked into its original box wrapped in an old foxed lace trimmed handkerchief. The handkerchief has a beautiful hand embroidered name Louise. I wonder who she was and who she married all those years ago?

When we woke this morning and saw the blizzard of snow we knew we`d be trapped again! Charles who is the most bizarre cat loves the rain and snow so I wasn`t too worried when he mewed at the cuisine door to go out. I assumed the heavy snow would mean no hunters today but I was wrong. Three men right at the bottom of the garden shooting anything that moved.
With visibility so bad and Charles too much the colour of a fox we soon had him back inside much to his disgust. He has had to spend his day watching the blue tits on the windowsill and wishing.

I have baked a loaf, made chocolate and cranberry cookies, the house is bedecked for Christmas and  the presents are wrapped.
LET ME OUT..................................cabin fever on the way.....................

2 commentaires:

  1. Oh I know how you feel, I was soooo looking forward to getting to a carbooty today as last weeks was rained off!
    It's driving me mad!
    T X

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I have been thinking of you said to Caroline I thought you would be snowbound she can't get out of Honiton xx can I have your address xxx Linda

    RépondreSupprimer