jeudi 9 décembre 2010

French kisses..............

The tradition of kissing under the mistletoe or " le gui" does not take place here in France so I am sure that`s why so much grows here! It knows it is safe to grow here in abundance and live a quiet life.
It was gloriously sunny here today so I went wandering around the fields with Diggers at my heels to see what I could find.......................

There was no way I was going to shin up that tree! I kept searching just a little nervously as the hunters were in full swing. In an earlier blog I described their hunting hide in the middle of the marsh and even though it is now surrounded by water they are still using it daily. Oh well, boys and their toys and all that!

I managed to find a tree with low sweeping branches filled with balls of mistletoe heavy with berries. The tree had been used by the cattle for shelter so the base was ankle deep in gloopy mud!

So I waded in and filled my bag to the brim.

My feet were so heavy with sticky marsh mud it was quite an effort to get home! I looked like Elton John in platform wellies! I was so glad to pull the weight of them from my feet at the cuisine door. Diggers was much too involved digging for rabbits so he came home a little later.......................

...............It`s a shame he couldn`t slip those muddy paws off and leave them at the cuisine door too!! He was most disgusted when he ended up in a bowl of warm soapy water!
I wonder if French mistletoe means you only get French kisses?

A la prochaine mes belles.........

6 commentaires:

  1. And if the romance flourishes would it progress to French letters? (When they write to each other - what did you think I meant?)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Cecile....go to your room immediately!!
    xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Oh poor Diggers! I hope you gave him a cuddle after his ordeal.
    My son Tom would have loved to be out with the wildfowlers in the Marshes....he will be jealous if I can get him to look at your blog (trying to get a 16 yr old to look at one of my lady blogs......mmmm)
    T X

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. next time you make a trip at this time of the year you should bring a load .
    Are you having Christmas at home? can't wait to hear about your French Christmas
    love the music by the way xxxLinda

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I wish I was there to give you all a kiss. Tell Mark I am sorry but you will have to do

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. P.s. Tell digger his Christmas present is in the mail and should arrive in 6 to 10 days from last Friday.Give him a belly rub for me and hiss at Charles as well.xxxooo muppet

    RépondreSupprimer