jeudi 30 juin 2011

The feline speed bump.....................

Finally our new driveway is taking shape. I went along with Mark to a local quarry carriere to make the order as I had a hidden agenda. I tagged along so I could choose the stone that has a little rose blush when wet.....well why not?....if its going to rain it can at least look girlie!!


We are using a special membrane that goes under a riding menage as Normandie is famous for its lush grazing and that grass can get through anything!!

Work is slow and the reason?.................................Charles le Baron du Breuil is obsessed with it all and hides underneath at every possible chance. There`s going to be a huge lump at the centre of the driveway if he doesn`t vanish soon!!!
Tartelette is safely back in Oregon and before she left she bought me the most delicious treasure from the Paris brocante as a gift. I am not worthy!!!! I will show you tomorrow..............

A demain mes belles!

3 commentaires:

  1. This tale brings to mind a memory of a tortoise we once had when I was a kid. yes, people actually kept tortoises then. It was around Nov 5th - Bonfire night - and we couldn't find Torty. We lit the bonfire and, yes, the following morning found the empty shell under the bonfire! Horrific. I am scarred for life.
    Can't wait to see what you got, tomorrow.
    Di
    X

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. No......................................Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.................I am scarred as well now!! Poor old Torty!! Can you eat roast tortoise?
    When I was small the rag and bone man used to give out tortoises or is that torti(?) for rubbish handed in!! I gave my best cardigan for a tortoise and got into bug trouble with my mom!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. maybe squashed kitty is where "cats eyes" come from??
    Ooops sorry my Liege!
    T x

    RépondreSupprimer