lundi 29 août 2011

Horns & buttons!!

It is always amazing what turns up at the Sunday brocantes!! After a fabulous morning truffling for treasures we flopped down at the last vide grenier of the morning to have a well earned cafe and suddenly we were almost blasted from  our seats! The local huntsmen had arrived with their horns!
Just as they were getting ready to play I stood up to take a photograph, they turned away with their horns facing me and almost blew me over!!
A quick nip around the front and I had their faces!
and ......had I managed a quick nip to the side with a pair of scissors I could have snipped off those wonderful gilded antique hunt buttons on the back of their tunics!
I might have gone home with a hunting horn rammed on my head though!!


I have some scrumptious treasures to list in my auctions this week and there is a little exciting news to come from The Chateau.....watch this space!!

A demain mes belles..............

8 commentaires:

  1. Ooooh, can't wait to see your new listings. I have my eye on something already in your shop. Shirley, I love my perfume. I opened the extra bottle you sent, it's exquisite and I'm wearing it. It has not lost any of it's aroma. I know from the ingredients listed how it should smell, and it does. I'm in love!

    Thanks so much :-)
    Di
    X

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I am sure they would have been too busy blowing their own horns to notice you fiddling with their buttons!!
    Missed out on your lovely monogrammed blind (with my initials on too) should have hiked up my bid..... Oh pants!! looking forward to seeing your new listings this week. Abby xxxxooooxxxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. whats the news? whats the news? whats the news? are we there yet?...........

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Hi whats the news ?????? xxxxxx Linda

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. You are all so impatient..............hang on a minute and I`ll tell you!!!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. More than a minute has passed Shirley...... WHATS THE NEWS?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. OK, what's the news and have you dug that bloody secret tunnel hole yet?
    Di
    X

    RépondreSupprimer