vendredi 9 juillet 2010

Good intentions.........................perhaps not!

I have been planning all week to leave today free to start painting the newly plastered attic bedroom -ooooooooooooooooh - but.................. the sun is blazing down here and the swallows are swooping around the garden.

It really does need to be done because Tartlette lands in Paris from Oregon next week and although she is planning to visit Provence she may just get on the train and come and stay for a day or so -ooooooooohhhhhhhh - but ................the beach is very close  and those long,  flat pale golden sand beaches are always empty ....and we have a new picnic basket!

I am going to paint the walls  creamy vintage white to make it as light as possible. I have the paint and brushes ready but................ it will be very hot up there in the pointed roof of our little dolls house chateau.

Today IS the day to do it before the weekend brocantes start tomorrow - but.......... that missing bat I know is still in the house somewhere and may be hiding up there waiting for me.

If it was raining there would be no question .....I`d be up there now painting away but..................the winter has been so long and hard  that the summer sunshine is  precious - and I feel guilty for not making the most of it. What if it starts to rain tomorrow and the rest of the summer is cold and rain lashed?

I`ll get started and then get into the swing of it but  I know that if someone visits for coffee today then whatever I start will be over  - and then I will be forced to sit out in the wonderful sunshine with guests with a long cool drink (that's a tough one) but.......... then my brush will go hard.

I need more excuses....please help!!!!

1 commentaire:

  1. Sounds like you need a certain son in law to come over with his painting skills!!!! x x

    RépondreSupprimer