vendredi 5 avril 2013

The Friday afternoon interview with myself.......




Well bonjour Madame Wells how kind of you to allow me to interview myself. Just a few questions so that people can get to know the "real" madame at the chateau.


Me : Firstly why have you never allowed a photograph of yourself on your blog as most of us have no idea what you look like?

Madame wells : Well I really don`t want to scare anyone away and once I delivered a piece of furniture to an Ebay buyer and she gushed forth with " Wow...you look nothing like I expected you to!". I never asked her if I was better or worse that she expected and have always wondered about it since! Did she think I would wear a bonnet and bustle and have a basket of flowers?


Me : What do you feel is your greatest ambition?

Madame Wells : I would like to know what it feels like to tuck a tea shirt into my jeans and spend the day normally without having to hold my breath until I turn blue.

Me: What did you want to be when you left school and do you still long to do it?

Madame Wells: I wanted to be an air hostess. I can think of nothing worse now that walking up and down the aisle of a plane in nasty court shoes handing out peanuts and smiling.

Me: Where will you be this time next week?

Madame Wells: On the catwalk in Milan standing in for Naomi Campbell who has a cold. They will have to take the dresses in though as they will hang off me.


Me: When was the last time you told a lie?

Madame Wells ; See previous question.

Me; What are you reading at the moment?

Madame Wells: A wonderful book about Casanova`s women. No....it`s not filth....it details the high class Countesses and Ladies he managed to seduce and the effect he had on their lives.

Me: Where is your favourite place to read? In bed?

Madame Wells : Always in the bath and I can be gone for hours. I have been known to emerge like a wrinkled prune and once dropped Jilly Cooper`s "Riders" in the bath which ended up about 2 feet wide when it dried!

Me: What was the item from your truffling days that you regret selling most?

Madame Wells: A set of tiny 19th century hand made silk lampshades with the most wonderful hand-painted vignettes of Marie Antoinette. Each vignette signed and each one different. Why did I sell them? I shall never know!

Me: Your daughter Miss Frou Frou seems to be a  "chip off the old block"  or shall we say a "tassel off the old curtain"?

Madame Wells ; Firstly less of the "old"!  Worryingly she has a very good eye and can run faster than me at the brocante. However, at the moment I have a free reign as she has become obsessed with her new passion of goat keeping. ( honestly!) Three dwarf goats have appeared in her garden and she has become Heidi of the mountains. She may grow plaits and have leather lederhosen soon. Even more worrying is that I believe one of the said goats has been named after me.

Me: If it was a choice between long lingering kiss with Johnny Depp or the last chocolat in the patisserie what would it be?

 Madame Wells - No competition. Definitely the chocolat. Sorry Johnny.

Me:  What would you love to find at the brocante this weekend?

Madame Wells: A huge pair of carved giltwood 18th century angel wings.

Me: What was the last telephone call you answered?

Madame Wells: At 4am this morning I answered the phone to George Clooney he was sobbing again begging me to live with him in his Italian villa.

Me : Back to the question about the last time you told a lie?

Madame Wells flounced out of the room..................



Bonne weekend mes belles

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

5 commentaires:

  1. You have got to be kidding, they interviewed you? Just messing with you, once again your witty humor has me laughing.

    Ah, the life you lead, Madame, while I lead this boring life...sigh.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I think I have to get out more....I have an over active imagination if I stay at home too long
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Supprimer
  2. haha...you crack me up....the last choccy instead of Johnny..no way!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Dear Shirley,
    I'm with Kay! You had me in total agreement until you gave up Johnny Depp for the last chocolat! Thanks for all the laughs! Could you at least post a photograph of the goat that is named for you? Does the goat resemble you in disposition or is there something in the eyes? A few years ago Sheila had a sheep at Shaker Village in Sabbathday Lake Maine named after her. She is now an ancient overweight sheep. She is also the only one who refuses to be sheared! At least they did not eat her for Easter dinner!
    Sher

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Hi,

    The image of the brass doorknob you are using in this post is licensed Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution, which requires attribution be given when a work is used. Please correct your use of this work to comply with the licensed.

    RépondreSupprimer