lundi 6 septembre 2010

Balconnieres and corsets!

Had a wonderful day brocanting yesterday. We started at 5.30 am and it is still warm enough here just to get up, brush your teeth, put a brush through your hair, slip on your loafers and go!
We ended up doing 5 brocantes in all. Starting with the one the farthest away  and working our way home.
I found some divine old pink 1930s lace up corsets, two mannequins, glass beaded 19th century flowers and a whole host of shabby treasures.


I am most pleased with something we will be keeping though! There was a stand of old clothing with heaps of draped garments and just peeping out from below a row of trousers I could see a curl of painted cast iron.

On closer inspection I found that stand holder had used a divine 19th century cast iron window balconniere as a clothes rail! I uncovered it and asked her the price and she informed me she had the other matching three at her home just across the road.


I had thought it was going to be impossible to find four period window grilles that would fit one side of this old house but VOILA!!!!!  I am delighted and can`t wait for Mark to put them in place.
So now to photograph my latest trouvailles.
a la prochaine..........

4 commentaires:

  1. Oh what a wonderful find you did..good for you!! the grilles are divine and so are the mannequins.
    have a great day Colette

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks Colette! Its lashing rain now but never mind!!
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. What a score! Can't wait to see them in place.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Not content with two mannequins ...you find four fabulous pieces of ironwork.... Well done!
    I think I need to move to France...
    Julie x

    RépondreSupprimer