jeudi 2 septembre 2010

The mystery item........................

Once a year a local village here in Normandie has its vide grenier that rambles around the streets and lanes. I always look forward to it as one man always turns up with a table of the most amazing things. All from the attics of the old house that has been in his family for generations. Requests to go to the house to buy always fall on deaf ears ( oh well....I can but try!!) so, I have to wait and see what he brings. I am at the point where I literally scoop up most of the table and pay without looking too close!! This year was no exception and I have some gorgeous pieces along with this.....................what on earth is it?


The box and handle read "MOUSSIER FIEVRE BREVETTE". I know that "brevette" is the French patent mark and "Fievre" is a fever.....but "Moussier"?

The bottom half is rough like a mineral rasp...............I have never been tempted to give someone with a fever a good rasping!!


Any suggestions? If it helps you can click on the photographs to enlarge them. Merci mes belles!

2 commentaires:

  1. Pumice for the heels.
    Hehe...would that maybe get hot if you rubbed it long enough?

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Can you imagine sitting in the bath with this!! How decadent!!
    xx

    RépondreSupprimer