vendredi 24 septembre 2010

Off like a truffle pig.....................

I answered the phone late last night to a friend from Bordeaux who has been offered a large old borgeoise house to empty before the new owners start to renovate. Apparently it has been untouched for years and is still full. As my friend is strictly "brown furniture" he has given me the chance to empty it with him and choose what he called "The girly things".
To say I am excited is an understatement! I have seen this old house once before many years ago and remember it being covered in ivy  and looking like it hadn`t changed for years. So I am hiring a small van ( just in case our car is too small!) and we are setting off for the days drive to the South.
Apologies for the break in my auctions but I will be back next week with (I hope) some delicious treasures.........
Wish me luck.................a la prochaine...............

2 commentaires:

  1. Oh my merciful sakes alive...TAKE PICTURES FOR US!! I just know you'll need more than a van!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Dear Shirley,
    Hoe exciting!!! Our hearts are beating a little faster as we read your post!! What bliss to have all the girlie things to yourself, without having to glance over your shoulder to see if another dealer with no compunction about diving into the box you are truffling thru is fast approaching...
    Enjoy!!
    Sheila and Sherrill

    RépondreSupprimer