dimanche 8 mai 2011

La pharmacie Lesage...............

Whilst travelling between brocantes early this morning we had to stop the car when we saw this amazing Art Nouveau building..............
I had no idea what it was as I crossed the road with my camera.....getting closer I saw the Pharmacie sign.........................
We were passing through the small town of Douvres La Delivrande and I couldn`t wait to get home to find out more about it. The Pharmacie Lesage was built in 1901 by Georges Lesage.

It is famous for its flower grilles and petal shaped window.


 There is a superb inscription plaque......

and the interior is magnificent.
I have managed to track down an old postcard too
Amazing..................simply amazing!

7 commentaires:

  1. Dear S-C, I'm coming round to give you a slap. I've been to Douvres La Do Da hundreds of times and I have never spotted this 'Amazing' pharmacie. Be honest - you're making it all up aren't you? Not that I'm jealous or anything...And by the way aren't you due at Pamphill tomorrow????? Cx

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Nooooooooooooooooo!! I am staying this side of the channel!!
    xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. You may think you are safe across La Manche but I am stalling out beside Tracey and she is a fellow blabbermouth (though she calls it networking) hahahaha. Maybe see you later in the summer in La Belle France?Love to Mark btw. Cx

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. How wonderful is that ! love it !

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I for one am jealous of your Sunday. Mine was spent in a shed at an auction!
    Di
    X

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. What a fabulous find but you sure had me at brocante, wink.

    That is an incredible building, thank you for sharing.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. I wish my local Boots looked like that. What a stunning building, inside and out. I wonder if someone lives above the pharmacie... what a fabulous place to call home! Abby xx

    RépondreSupprimer