lundi 9 mai 2011

The Duke & Duchess with the Baron.................

She bores me.....................she really bores me! She is flapping about on the table above me photograhing some old textiles she found at a brocante. Totally ignoring "moi".....how rude.... does she know who I am?........I am after all Charles le Baron du Breuil!


Now she is harping on about a Duke and a Duchess and getting all excited....something about you don`t find a crown on a linen for 2 years then you find two lots in 2 weeks........honestly....she bores me......yawn!


Excuse me Charles your highness if I may step in here for a moment?  Crowns of aristocracy on any trousseau linens are so very rare that last week I was loop the loop to find the bed linen of a Count & Countess. It has been years since I found any.
And yesterday at a brocante, the last brocante of the day, I stumbled upon a set of six divine old table napkins with the crown of a Duke or in French Duc and Duchesse! It was way after noon and they had been sitting there all morning..........where were all the textile dealers?!!!!


Always five floral points on a crown for a Duke & Duchess.
And if I may be so bold your worship.......a Duke ranks higher than a Baron!
Talk to the whiskers `cos the face don`t wanna hear it!

5 commentaires: