mercredi 10 mars 2010


I am absolutely addicted to old French shabby chic mirrors with delicious silvered mirror plates. I cannot resist them as each one is unique and has a look that simply cannot be reproduced. I love them when the silvering takes on a waterfall effect and those old mercury mirror plates always have such a deep twinkling reflection.
I bring so many home that they are everywhere!! Some ( less shabby chic loving) visitors to the chateau do not understand why anyone would want a mirror they cannot see themselves in! Sadly it is not worth me listing any of these wonderful old treasures for sale as shipping is so difficult. There are no regular carriers from here, they are too big and fragile for La Poste and overseas antique shippers are just SO expensive.
So.....I will have to live with them all. How tough..................................not!!!!

2 commentaires:

  1. I am busy getting ready for the store but after I have stolen all the money from them I will call you and get a date on the calendar to come pick up the mirrors.I know how to ship....

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Scared.....................very scared........

    RépondreSupprimer