mercredi 31 mars 2010

Sand and seashells.................

After our visit to the restaurant by the sea last week I simply had to try my hand at their gorgeous sand and seashell vases. I found a large box of shells at a brocante at the weekend for 10 euros and bought the vase from another seller for just a couple of euros . A quick stop at the beach on the way home for a bag of sand and voila!!!!
I must admit I am quite pleased with the result..............................but whether it will survive the investigations of the Baron remains to be seen. That kitten is into everything!!!

8 commentaires:

  1. Oo-er - very creative idea but did you realise that taking sand from the beach is interdit in La Manche! You were lucky no-one saw and reported you as they did to us a few years ago, while we were parked outside a bar on the quayside in Carteret having lunch. As we drove away a pair of motor-cycle gendarmes in dashing leathers flagged us down on the way back to our renovation. Thankfully we had the receipt from the local builders merchant to hand (and a packet of mints as we misconstrued the reason for their interest!)PS nice to meet you again last week at the DV near St Sauveur.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I like your shells.Have nice colors.
    How old is your kitty? She matches the shells Laura

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. first sheets...then shopping...now sand...!!xx

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Ted...............I know....I know....but it was only a carrier bag full and I do think it had donkey poo in it anyway so no one else would have wanted it!!!!.......................(nearly a good excuse!!)

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Hi Cecile..............that`s what you get for having lunch at Carteret.....I`m only jealous!!

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. donkey poo...hmm, nice smelling seashell display in your kitchen! Still, it'll keep the flies out of the sitting room :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. My next door neighbor moved today (sniff) and gave me (among other things) a square glass vase that I filled with bright blue sand that my daughter had for years hidden in a crayon bag, and a conch seashell that fits perfectly into it. Very funny we were doing the same things this week...although I was not a thief of nature! (Freak, maybe...?)

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. yes but officer.....the sand was just lying there....alone without an owner.....and it looked lonely.....and some bigger boys came along and made me do it!!!

    RépondreSupprimer