samedi 10 avril 2010

L`Epicerie Parisienne............

How I adore this beautiful 'Epicerie' in the local market town of Bricquebec. I have passed it many times on trips to the town's regular Monday morning produce market, with its stalls winding their way down the central cobbled street. Today I stopped outside to take a few photographs only for the charming lady owner to come out moments later and invite me inside to take more photographs.
The proud owners of this wonderful shop are Monsieur and Madame Lenoir ...............

..........and they have every right to be proud! It is a wonderful building that has been lovingly restored and filled with amazing period pieces all carefully chosen so as to mix with the original features that were already in place. Entering the shop is like stepping back in time.

If someone had happened to walk in  wearing a bustle and bonnet it would not have looked out of place! The choice of produce is amazing, the quality first class. Wonderful wine cellars, fabulous delicatessen and groceries. The fruit and vegetables come from local producers and couldn`t be any fresher! But best of all is the range of fromage................

.......now this is what I call fromage!!!!!

The wine cellars are stocked with a stunning choice.......

.....and tucked away in a tiny back room is this exquisite 19th century church window.....how I'd love to own it!!!!

I can`t think of anywhere better to shop; its such a pleasure.







So..... when you visit Normandie you simply have to take a trip to this amazing store:
                                               L`Epicerie Parisienne
                                                           6 Rue Armand Leveel
                                                           BRICQUEBEC
                                                           www.epicerie-parisienne.com

But do call me first so you can take my shopping list too!

3 commentaires:

  1. Such a beautiful shop! Thank you for sharing this treasure with us! If I ever get to Normandie...you can be sure I will call you for your shopping list on my way to this charming shop!
    :)

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Wow, what a wonderful shop, so good that it is in sympathic hands. What a delight to be able to shop there, thanks for sharing it with us

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. How I would love to able to visit Normandie...Looks a wonderful place to visit and shop.

    RépondreSupprimer