dimanche 25 avril 2010

More from the chateau............

Up at 5.30 this morning and we managed to fit in 5 brocantes that meandered around the streets of Normandie towns and villages! We stopped at noon for moules and frites.......heaven! Summer starts here!!! I found some divine pieces and the kitchen table is piled high with vintage shabby chic treasures ready to list this week. Needless to say I am now in a crumpled heap and my feet are killing me! So a very quick blog with more pictures of the gorgeous chateau from yesterday.



The ceiling in one of the salons is just divine......
Would anyone have noticed if I had slipped that gorgeous mirror and matching console table into my bag?.....................

This chandelier was huge but looked quite small in one of the enormous halls!

This charming group of strolling players were mingling with the crowd. The young man, second from the right, wore an amazing costume that had been made up in 19th century embroidered silk that was probably once a religious vestment. Needless to say I grabbed him to examine the textile closer and much to the amusement of the rest of the group he was mortified as only a teenage boy could be! Poor soul! I have probably traumatised him for life!
Bonsoir and a la prochaine.......................can you hear me snoring from there?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire